Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day fun!

We had such a fun day yesterday, so much so that we didn't take one single picture. I forgot my camera for most of the day too, so that doesn't help either. We started out our day at the house that I nanny at swimming. They have a great pool and have told us that we are free to use it whenever. They go out of town a lot on the weekends, so don't get to use it too much, so they are happy to see it being used. And, we got to bring along some friends too! SK played with her bud Caroline till lunchtime, then wanted to get back in for some more playing. We headed out at naptime, and SK passed out pretty quickly in the car and took a good nap at home! We decided it would be fun to get a pizza and eat over at the park that is across the street from our house for dinner. We checked with a couple friends to see if anyone wanted to join us and so we ended up with quite a fun group for the evening! SK got to play with her buddies Calvin and Lillian, so she was very happy! So happy that she was too excited to eat her pizza. When we headed home at 8, she was begging for some pizza and proceeded to eat a whole piece of pizza before heading to bed. It was such good fellowship and I know SK had so much fun with her friends playing hard all day! Sorry for the lack of pictures. I will catch some this week I am sure :)
We hope to do some fun things this week before Michael has to buckle back down for summer greek, starting on Monday! He starts his internship on Thursday (haven't blogged about that, have we...) so other than that, he is ours for the week and I am so excited! Nana and Pop come to town on Thursday, so it will be an exciting week around here!
I will make Michael blog soon about how his semester turned out and his classes and the news of saying "bye-bye" Chick-fil-A, and hello internship! God has been so faithful to us this semester and we are so thankful! He meets our needs and more, even though I struggle to truly believe that He is good and is taking care of us and all, He still loves me and blesses my family so much!
I am off to work! Hope everyone else had a great day yesterday and remember why we celebrate! Thank you to all the men and women who serve. We are so thankful to you and your families for sacrificing so that we can live in a land where we are free and safe. I think of all the wives that have had to see their husbands go and serve for months and then take care of their family back at home without the help of their husbands there with them. Thank you for what you do. Thank you for being willing to let your husband go and serve our country. I appreciate it, even though I know I don't say it enough (which should be said on more than just this one day!)

No comments:

Post a Comment