Friday, May 27, 2011

Back to Africa ministry



I was recently introduced to a ministry called Heart of the Bride and Back to Africa. If you have kept up on our blog, you know our heart for orphans. Well, this ministry touched my heart when I was introduced to it. A friend of mine here in St. Louis is part of the Back to Africa ministry. She was having a jewelry party and I got to go and see and hear all about the ministry. Here is what I have learned about it so far. These women in Africa make this jewelry and it is shipped to the states to sell to support many different orphanages. It is giving these women a trade to help them support themselves, families, and so many orphans. The jewelry is pretty awesome too. Click on the link above to see it, but in person it is just incredible. From what I remember being told it supports orphanages in Africa and other's like Uganda and Haiti (I believe that is right...) If you look through the website you can learn more. Michael and I really have a heart for adoption and caring for orphans and our prayer is that other's will too. Like I have said before, we are all called to care for the orphans and widows, it might look different for each of us and that is good and exciting! Michael and I are actually really feeling like Africa will be where we adopt from (Ethiopia specifically). I am hoping to get to have a jewelry party when we come to Birmingham in August. I would love to have this party as a fun get together and share this cool ministry with my girlfriends in Birmingham. Anyone interested in this? Let me know so I can see if there might be interest in having it while in town. Like I said, check out the website and let me know if you are interested in coming to a party to hear more about it! Thanks yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment