Friday, May 27, 2011

Strawberry Pickin'!

I had a day off today from nannying, so we decided to find a fun activity for the day. Of course, sleeping in doesn't really happen around here, but at least I didn't have to get out the door by 6 a.m.! After a little cuddle time with SK, we decided to head out to Eckart's Farm, which is over the river in Illinois. So this would be considered our first time out of the state of Missouri since moving. It was about 30 minutes from our house, so not a bad drive. The place we went had rows and rows of strawberries to pick from. SK had a blast.

Sweet Daddy picking strawberries with his baby!
I would give her a couple to put in our box and she would eat one and put the other one in. By the time we left, she was stained pink all over her hands and face (including forehead). It was perfect weather today for being out too, not too hot or cold :) SK got good and worn out. She passed out in the car on the way home and layed down on the couch as soon as we got home for a good hour. Now we are chilling back at home till tonight. Michael is taking me to a ballet while SK goes to a friends house to play. He got tickets for me for a Mother's Day gift. I can't wait to get a night with my honey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment