Friday, March 11, 2011

Pitching Fits kindof day...

Go figure. I was just bragging about SK not pitching so many fits lately (which was a different story last month), and guess what happens today...
yep.
2 fits.
First goes like this: SK gets to Molly's house (Michael brings her to me in the morning on the way to his class--on a side note, inst he a pretty awesome husband to get her ready every morning and to me while he has so much on his plate :)). She runs to the tv and wants to watch the "dinasour movie" also known as the "Dinasour Train" show that comes on PBS. I tell her that we will watch just a few minutes since I had planned a fun morning of heading over to Chick-fil-A for some play time and breakfast. After said amount of time, I go tell SK it is time to go and turn the tv off. Not what SK wanted at all. You would think enticing her with somewhere fun to go would make it ok that I am turning the tv off. Not so much. A 30 minute fit followed. She was placed in another bedroom to have her fit. Finally, deciding she was done and ready to tell me she was sorry.
Fit 2: We get all packed up after the fit then head to Chick-fil-A. She had a blast playing with some other girls there and we shared a biscuit and hashbrowns. She was really sweet, for that moment at least. Then, she said she was ready to go. So we packed up and got ready to head out. Then...she said she wanted icecream. I told her we weren't getting icecream this time (for one it was still 10:00 in the morning, a little early to feed icecream to a 2 year old right? and we don't get icecream everytime we go...that is the rule). She wasn't happy. So, I then have to drag this screaming 2 year old out of Chick-fil-A while carrying a diaper bag and baby in her carseat. We were quite the scene I am sure.
Oh my. Parenting is hard. On so many levels. It is hard at this age to really tell how much she understands when I have to talk to her about how she is acting. I know she probably understands more than she acts like she does. Sometimes she just looks at me like she doesn't get it. Then there is the times that she pitches a fit and screams then settles down and thinks that since she decided to stop screaming that she can then get what she wants. For instance, she wants gummies yesterday and I tell her not before dinner. She goes into her room pitches her fit for a good 5 minutes then comes out and says "Can my have my gummies now, mama?" Then is shocked when I say no again. We go through this cycle a good 5 times before she finally gives up and moves on.
I want her to know that I love her and am trying to do what is best for her. I am not just a bad guy. But, so many days I feel like I am just the bad guy in her eyes.
Now don't get me wrong, she isn't constantly testing me (some days are more than others like today). She can be so sweet many days and obedient. Today just wasn't one of those days.
On top of that, I was a bit down anyways, so that didn't help. I missed being able to call my girlfriends up and see if they wanted to meet us to play at Chick-fil-A. I am just dumpy today. Don't we all have those days? please say yes and I am not crazy. I am so happy here and know this is where God put us and where we are supposed to be, but it doesn't mean it is going to be an easy road.

No comments:

Post a Comment