Thursday, March 3, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cake

I made this cake last weekend to take to a friend's house for dinner. It was a random recipe I had in my recipe notebook, I don't think I had ever tried, but it turned out quite yummy. Thought I would share since it was so good and is a pretty easy recipe and I tend to have most all of these ingredients in my pantry on any given day :) Enjoy!!

Chocolate Chip Cake

1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Mix dry ingredients and set aside. Cream butter and sugar. Add in eggs, vanilla, then sour cream. Add flour mixture to wet ingredients.
Pour batter into greased pan (I used a bundt pan, but use whatever you like)
Bake 30 minutes.
Sprinkle powdered sugar on top :)

**And if you are like me, after cutting my slice, I add some more powdered sugar on my slice...

No comments:

Post a Comment