Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sk's Birthday Party!

We have had a great weekend so far. Friday night was date night (you've already heard about it I know...) and yesterday we got to have a little party for SK with her friends. We are so thankful that SK has made some good friends here. She was so excited to get to have them all over to her house to play and decorate cupcakes. I decided to make the cupcakes using this recipe. If I haven't said it already, I love Pioneer Woman. The cupcakes were so yummy, esp. the icing. The kids got to play outside some and SK got to open her presents that her sweet friends brought for her. We had originally planned to have the party at the park, but not knowing whether it would be raining or not, we changed location to our house. And yes, we are moving in 2 weeks. It was a good excuse to clean up some, because yes, I need an excuse these days or it doesn't get done. Such is the life of a busy family these days. I think the party turned out so much fun for SK. We had so much fun that I forgot to even get the icecream out of the freezer. I don't think it was missed though. The cupcakes were enough sugar for the little ones, plus the juice. Anyways, on to the pictures! Sarah Kate with her buddy Lillian
Sidwalk Chalk with Caroline...


I totally didn't get (or remember to...)a group shot, but here is some of our friends outside after some had already left...


Decorating cupcakes!




"Happy Birthday!" singing




Yummy cupcakes!


Present time!




Thank you so much Caroline, KB, Lillian, Moriah, and Molly (and your brothers and sisters...) for coming and making my baby feel so special for her birthday. It does my heart so much good to see how well she is loved by our new friends here.

1 comment:

  1. Makes me smile to see her so very happy! KISSES FROM MMI!!!

    ReplyDelete