Friday, June 10, 2011

Diving in to summer...

We have had a whirlwind of a week around here. Michael started greek on Monday and I have been getting geared up to start the packing process. So needless to say, it's going to be a crazy summer. Michael has class on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and studies and works on Tues. and Thurs. I think he is enjoying it so far. It is intense studying and all, but he isn't overwhelmed so far, which is good. I am not overwhelmed either with the packing, which is also good! I am just happy this move will be only 6 miles down the road and not 4 states away. We are going to be able to start moving smaller things like boxes and odd and ends the Monday before our big moved day on Sat., July 2nd.
Not stressing. Really.
It is a lot if we look at the whole picture, but we are just taking it a day at a time, trying to do a little here and there.

Anyways. We did have some fun this week in the midst of all of that other stuff. We met some friends at the Magic House today (kinda like the Mcwane Center in Bham, but much bigger and cooler!). They have a summer sand castle thing outside where SK and her friend Chloe played in the sand till their little hearts were content. It would have been a good idea to bring a change of clothes, but I will remember that for next time. We were too busy having fun that I didn't even get the camera out. The girls mostly enjoyed filling up their buckets with water then pouring it all out only to go get more water. We were covered with sand by the time we were ready to leave. It was worth it for the amount of fun had!

We did happen to be there when a photographer for the St. Louis Dispatch was there, and he snapped this picture of SK. The article is here, he happend to think she was related to the friend we were with, so he thought her last name was the same as hers...cute pic right :)

Not much else to talk about I guess. I just thought I would do a little blog since I haven't done much this week. Hopefully I will do more blogging this weekend, we shall see.

Michael is walking over to the store. Wanna know what was on the grocery list for the evening...
1. Milk
2. Chocolate Icecream
3. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
4. Vanilla Icecream
5. Coke

I think we need to cut back sugar. You think? That or just keep it in our house more readily accessible when we need it. Wow. That list does look pretty bad. Maybe I should have had him get some apples too, just to balance it out a bit...

O well. In our defense, it is hot in our place. These window units just don't really cool off the place that well and icecream is more of a means to cool us off. There I feel better about the list...
Now I just need a good excuse for the cookies...

No comments:

Post a Comment