Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The end is in sight!

Well....We have an end in sight.  SO excited!  We are set to head to the hospital tomorrow evening and will be induced.   I am a mix of emotions of course about the whole thing.  I am so ready to hold my baby girl!  I am ready for her to be here and have her safely in my arms.  I am ready to see SK reaction to seeing Evelyn for the first time.  So many things I am excited about.  Also anxious though.  I am glad we are going forward with the induction, but anxious to see how it all goes with the labor and delivery.  It is just hard to believe we are already at this point. 
So why induction?
For many reasons actually.  My doctor was the one that brought it up and we thought about it for  a week and prayed.  I feel like it will be best with SK and making plans for her to be taken care of while we are at the hospital.  I am a planner and like to know that she is more than cared for while I can't be home with  her.  I think it is helping to for Michael's school.  And, I am just simply ready to meet this little girl and my doctor is more than game to do it :)
We have been checking things off the list for the last few days and getting all ready for this big day!  The house is almost all clean, the laundry is going as I sit here blogging, plans are all set for many playdates for SK, and the bags are mostly packed.  CRAZY!
So before I head off to work on more cleaning, I thought I would give you a run down of how you can pray for us...cause we need prayers for sure!
--Pray for SK as she has other's caring for her.  She is super pumped about playdates, so I am thinking she will be fine, but being her mommy, I want her to have fun and not have a hard time while mommy and daddy aren't with her at home.  And, as she adjust to having a baby sister.  Michael will have the weekend and his class load is not too heavy thankfully, but he won't be taking any time off from classes.
--Pray for Michael.  He still has school work in the midst of the next couple weeks, including a paper that is due next week.  Pray for his strength and time management and that he will be able to enjoy this time as much as possible and get done what all he needs to get done. 
--Pray for a smooth and swift :) delivery.  Enough said about that, right? :)
--Pray that Evelyn Joy will be healthy and there will be no complications.


We are so thankful and in awe of how the Lord has brought us to this place.  I am so thankful that He has blessed us with another daughter.  I really began to wonder last year whether we would ever experience this again.  God has been and continues to be so gracious to our family and blessing us in so many ways.  Praise God from whom all blessings flow.  He is so good.  He has shown His great love and comfort to us in so many ways over the last few years and I am thankful that He is the one in control and not me, as hard as that was through our struggles. 

Alright...off to get ready to have a baby :)

1 comment:

  1. Ugh! I'm crying here, girl! I'm so happy for you. What a blessing! God is good and I pray that this season of joy! I love you friend!

    ReplyDelete