Saturday, September 15, 2012

Happy Birthday, Daddy!

Today is a very special day!  Michael's Birthday :)
I have been awake since the 3 a.m. hour, so I guess I didn't want to miss a minute of this special day.  I am ready for the rest of the household to wake up so we can get to celebrating :)
We are going to start our day off right with some Chick-fil-A for breakfast then go to a pond to let SK and her daddy get some fishing time in.  Then it is home to get to cooking a southern comfort meal and watch some Alabama football with friends.  I have to admit that I might be the one more excited about the food today than the birthday boy!  On the menu....friend chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, cornbread cake things (fried....thanks Theresa for the recipe, even though I can't remember what you call them!), fried okra, sweet tea, and maybe another veggie or 2, and we will wash it all down with a cookie cake and ice-cream!
yum.
I am hungry now just thinking about it.  Well....I guess I am hungry all the time these days, but on a day like today, I especially am!
SO...Happy birthday Michael.  I am so glad you asked me out 11 years ago and we have been able to celebrate many birthdays together.  I hope this is a fun one for ya :)  You are the best hubby and daddy and we love you so much!  I am glad you are my husband!
Did I mention this was the "big" one :) Welcome to your 30's dear!  It's hard to believe that the first year we were dating, we celebrated your 19th birthday and now we are celebrating your 30th!  Time really does fly :)

I have other blogs coming soon hopefully.  SK started ballet this last week and we went last night to a hot air balloon glow at forest park!  Stay tuned....
that is, unless Evelyn decides to make her appearance as a birthday gift....I am not holding my breath for it though...

No comments:

Post a Comment