I am up early, of course. The last few nights I have been sleeping through the night at least, so I am thankful for that (well....other than getting up to use the restroom 2-3 times). I have had many blogs rolling around in my head, but when I sit down to blog I can't think of what to focus on to blog about. SO, instead this morning I will do some randomness :)
1. Our camera is dead. Bit the dust last week and we have tried different things to get it working again to no avail. Not a very nice thing to happen to a woman who is 36 weeks prego and needs her camera ready for the millions of pictures that need to be taken soon. So did I get pictures of SK's first day of Log Cabin "school" as she calls it this year....no. Have I taken a belly pic? No. I planned to take pics too of the fun things we made for Evelyn's room....not happening though. Mix in a broken camera with a hormonal pregnant person and it's not good :(
2. SK started the beginnings of reading this week. We are easing ourselves into homeschooling her (the plan is the homeschool for the next 2 years at least...and then see from there if we want to continue or not depending on where we live at that point...) So we have started just with some phonics and writing activities, nothing major. I am not trying to set my goals too high since I am about to have another baby and all. She loves it though! She reminds me each day (for the most part) that it is time to do some school work and ask what she can do. Crazy kid :) The other day she brought me the book, Hop on Pop and started just sounding out the first page on her own putting the sounds together to make the word! So we continued reading, I helped her a little and we read a good portion of the book. When did my little girl get so big????
3. Michael started school this last week. He is excited about his semester and it is looking like it won't be too heavy of a load. He has a lot at the beginning, which will hopefully help to get some bigger things done before our little one arrives :)
4. I decided to whip up some more baby doll carriers. Remember these? I thought, just in case anyone might want to get one for Christmas this year or an upcoming birthday, I would already have some made up. Anyone wanna buy one??? If you refer back to #1, it would help us get a new camera maybe :) Leave me a comment if you want one :) We can chat about it!
5. I'm hungry...just ate a rice crispy treat...all better. :) Let the list continue...
6. I like ice. A. LOT. I could chew ice all day if I had it to chew. And root beer. That stuff is amazing too :)
7. SK wants to be batman for Halloween this year. How funny is that? And random. She has always been either a princess or ballerina (well...I think one year she was a ladybug...) and this year she is mixing it up a bit. She has requested to be batman. Thanks to her friend (Hannah Mae :)) she is now fascinated with the dude. We got a Batman book at the library yesterday. She picked out a batman notebook at the Target dollar spot yesterday too. So Batman she will be :) I found a black shirt that I plan to make a Batman emblem thingy on, then will use a men's black shirt to cut up and turn into a "cape" (both found at the free store on campus!) So far I am liking that this costume is free at least :) Now I just have to figure out the ear head thingy. I guess I will start looking on pinterest for ideas of how to make that. Maybe I should go ahead and make her little sister a Robin costume :) How cute would that be????
8. I am ready for the weather to cool off. Yesterday made me more ready than ever for it too. I love football season, not just for the football, but for the cooler weather, the fun get togethers, the food....We watched the Alabama game last night with another family here on campus that are Alabama fans too! That might have been the first game in 2 years we have been able to watch with other Alabama fans. They are harder to come by up here in St. Louis :) We had fun hanging out, cheering on the Tide, and eating yummy food! We decided our next get together we would do some southern comfort food, so fried chicken and all the yummy veggies and such to go with it! YUMM!! Anyone got a good recipe they want to share with their favorite southern food???
9. I have been in major clean out mode lately. Poor Michael. He gets my craziness a lot and still loves me :) I guess you could call this "nesting". I decided the other day that we have too much clutter and I couldn't deal with it anymore. So we went to town cleaning out some things. It was a fun quick clean out and within an hour we had multiple bags of things to take to the free store on campus. It felt good :) I guess this stems too from what we are feeling like the Lord might be leading us to after seminary. Might as well start downsizing now if we are feeling led to go overseas right??? (By the way...we sent out an update letter to family and friends this week, kinda letting everyone in on what is going on with us lately, including this overseas crazy talk. If you didn't get it and would like to, let me know!) I guess we could do some blogging about it too.
10. I have a lot of friends on my mind this morning....I hate that we live in such a fallen world. A world where we have to see death and suffering. Won't heaven be so awesome! It excites me to think of the day that we won't have to see our friends lose loved ones or fear miscarriage or struggle to have children that they long for. Heaven. I want that. THe Lord has us here for the time being though, and HE does have a plan through all of this. He loves each and everyone one of these friends and knows their hearts. He is good. He is always good, even in the hard times. I have to remind myself of that constantly.
Alright...enough talking...maybe I will actually go and pray for these friends. I don't do that enough I know, and to be completely honest. SO...while the house is quiet....I will this morning.
See y'all later!