Thursday, January 17, 2013

Top 10 pins

Pinterest has really been a fun place as we are trying to cut out processed foods and do a bit more homemade everything around our house.  It's fun to just start my search on pinterest for ideas.  So in honor of that, I am going to give you some of my favorites lately!

In no particular order...

1---crockpot refried beans! I have now made these twice and have some stored away in the freezer.  SO cheap!  I make 2 one lb. bags each time and have lots of beans as a result that I can freeze and use for many meals.  Plus I know what is in then as opposed to canned refried beans with extra ingredients that I can't pronounce...

2--Shower and Tub cleaner!  I made this about 2 months ago and have loved having it.  I simply use the wand every so often when I am already in the shower and it comes out so clean and without harmful chemicals and really any extra work :)

3--Chicken Enchiladas!  I have found some really great recipes on pinterest and this is definitely one of them.  I have made it multiple times and love it every time!

4--Orange Vinegar!  I have made this one time and hope to make it again soon.  It was really great for using when cleaning and have a nice orange scent!

5--Southwest Quinoa Salad!   By far my most favorite quinoa recipe that makes an excellent lunch and last for a few days.

6--Cheese Crisps!  SK wasn't a huge fan of these, but me and Michael gobbled them up :)

7--Homemade Brownie Mix--so this recipes calls for lots of sugar...so it isn't necessarily healthy, but it beats buying the boxed brownies.  It is so easy, it's crazy to buy the boxed after you try this one time.  And cheap :)

8--Sea Salt Honey Butter Popcorn!  When Michael and I sold our house in 2010, we decided to try and go without buying a microwave.  SO we haven't had a microwave in almost 3 years!  At first, I was good with figuring out how to warm up food and such without a handy microwave, but I missed popcorn...that is, until last summer.  I learned how easy and awesome popcorn is on the stove.  SO cheap and delicious too!  It is fun to make up different seasonings on the popcorn.  We do salt and garlic powder a lot, but I found this recipe and it is delish too, making it more of a sweet treat too!

9--Art Work Tea towels!  SK made these for Christmas for everyone and they were a big hit.  They turned out so cute and were so easy to make.  She had a blast making them too :)

10--Sharpie Coffee Mugs!  These were also made by SK for Christmas gifts for the grandparents.  I think they also turned out so cute and fun :)

There ya go.  I am on a mission this year to cut out more and more processed typed things in our home. Other things we don't buy that I can't remember if I have shared about before or not..
--seasoning packets
--salad dressings
--household cleaners (for the most part...I do buy dusting spray still since I wasn't pleased with my homemade version last time...I will have to work on that one...)
--cooking spray--like Pam.

I am looking into starting to try more bathroom things homemade as well.
It's a fun journey to say the least :)

Off to enjoy some quiet time while the girls rest/nap...
If you have any ideas to share with me on pinterest finds you are enjoying, leave me a comment!  I would love to hear others!

Oh...you want some pictures, is that what you said???
OK :)







No comments:

Post a Comment