Friday, April 20, 2012

Catch up...

I haven't blogged or updated since my doctor apt. last week.  Sorry.  I went to the doctor and everything looked great.  The heartbeat was 157, so a lot slower since the last visit (it was 204 then).  The doctor said that was completely fine and the baby was probably just in a different position.  We are down to 18 days till our big ultrasound!  I can't wait to see our sweet baby again :) 
This week has seemed to be a turnaround week for me.  I am feeling like I have a little more energy and not needing to nap every chance I get.  That means I have been trying to catch up on things that haven't gotten done in the last few months.  I haven't thrown up in a week now.  Woohoo!  Let's hope I am past all of that. 
I am now at 16 and a half weeks!  Crazy!  Maybe with my new energy surge I can actually take some pictures of Sk over the weekend.  I should take a moment to brag on what a big girl she is becoming.   She no longer really needs mommy or daddy to push her on the swing.  She can pump her own legs and get going really high all on her own!  It is really fun to watch :)  She is getting really good at her letters and the sounds each one makes.  She loves to write letters now.
Papa had a birthday this week and SK wanted to send him a letter and picture in the mail.  I should have taken a picture of them.  She did a foot print butterfly picture (she refers to her feet as Papa's piggies and is very protective of them for Papa :)).  Then she wrote a letter to Papa with Daddy's help saying Happy birthday and I love you.  It was really cute and sweet.  She loves her Papa!

On one more random note, a friend and I made a delishious quinoa recipe this week.  I was so good in fact, I want to make more this weekend...and you should make some too.  It was so yummy and incredibly healthy too.  Alright, enough talking about food.  Here is the link if you are interested!

Wanna take a guess as to whether a little baby boy or a baby girl is cooking?
I am curious what everyone thinks...
I told you the heartbeat.  Cravings so far have been:
Strawberries, grapes (frozen to be exact...), veggies (esp. green beans with garlic...), grilled cheese sandwiches, chocolate fudge bars, popcorn, dill pickle chips.  Hmmm...that is the main stuff I can think of so far.  For the most part, I have had much healthier cravings this go around as opposed to when I was preggo with SK and craved all the gross food like nachos and kid's cereal...

What do you think?

Off to find some food...

No comments:

Post a Comment