Thursday, March 22, 2012

Recipes

I thought I would now share the recipes that I mentioned in the last post.  I know so many (haha) of my readers are just holding their breath to get these great recipes :) 
Let's do it in list form...shall we?

1. Butter--oh. my. goodness.  I want to know why it took me so long to realize how easy making butter was.  And cheap!  SO here is the Link for butter.  All you need is heavy cream (not ultrapasturized) and a little salt.  Pour in food processor or blender and let it do it's work and voila!  you have butter!  You put it through a cheese cloth and that's it.

2. Coffee Creamer--  I love me some good coffee creamer.  I never have been a coffee, no creamer kind of girl.  I like the fun creamers :)  But have you ever looked at the ingredients in those things?  If not, go and look in your fridge and check out the ingredients list.  Gross...right?  I can't even pronounce some of the things listed.  SO here is the link for the creamer.  So, so very easy.  I keep mine in a mason jar in the fridge and that works great for me.

3. Salad dressing--Now that you have already made one trip to your fridge, go again and look at your salad dressing (store bought).  Can you identify what each ingredient is?  Didn't know you were going to be getting a work out reading my blog post today, did ya? (cause you are getting up right?  You are just reading through this....I am sure of it :))  Alright...here is the link for what I use for our salad dressing.  There are recipes out there for any kind of dressing you might like.  Most of them fairly easy to whip together.  I love this Italian one and I keep the dry ingredients in a little tupperware in my pantry so all I have to do when I need dressing is put 2 Tbsp. in with the oil and vinegar and that's it.

4.  Chocolate Syrup--So, I admit, SK loves, loves, loves her some chocolate milk.  And mama does too :)  So we have it fairly often around here.  In the past, we would get the syrup from the store and not even notice what the ingredients in it were.  Yep, if you have some...go look.  So now, we won't be buying it.  Instead, I found this recipe for making your own Chocolate Syrup.  It was quick and easy and tastes great!


Fun recipes right?  I think so at least.  I need to give yall some more things too that I have been making.  I don't know if it is pregnancy or just me having fun in the kitchen, but I have been all about trying to make all kinds of new things.  I have made my own potato chips, cheezits, apple chips, kale chips, just to name a few.  I find it fun lately.  And it feels good to be getting more healthy with our foods.

It is a drery day outside and I might need to go do something fun in the kitchen today since we won't be playing outside like we have been able to the last couple of weeks.

Happy Thursday, everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment