Thursday, March 1, 2012

The dreaded stomach bug...

Since my last post, we all have had the dreaded stomach bug.  It all started Friday.  Michael and I had a date night planned and were so excited to go out with some friends for dinner (to a place that I had been craving too....)  We get to the door of the restaurant and I get the call.  She had thrown up her entire dinner.  Poor, poor baby.  We get back to her (minus the yummy dinner...) and tend to her and get her settled for the night after a few more pukes and such.  She slept of the floor in our room and was up quite a bit.  She was feeling much better the next morning and things were starting to look like we were on the mend.  After missing out on our meal (that I was craving...did I mention that...), Michael took me and SK to go get food from that restaurant to go so we could eat at home and get my fix in.  Well...by the time we got home, I was feeling crummy.  Then it hit me.  I was up most of that night sick.  Boo.  Next day, Sk and I stayed home from church and rested most of the day.  She was so sweet to try and take care of me and love on me.  By Monday, Michael still hadn't gotten it, and we were hoping it would stay that way.  Well...it hit him on Monday night.  He seemed to get it the worst at that.  At least I was feeling better by that point, so I could take care of him. 
That pretty much sums up our weekend.  We are all feeling much better and glad to be past it. 

Can't really think of anything else interesting to talk about.  I have been a tired momma lately.  I fell asleep last night on the couch at 7 p.m.  Michael finally got me to head to bed around 9 p.m.  I didn't nap yesterday, so I had to get the sleep in somewhere I guess.

I still need to blog about my mom's visit.  She came a couple weeks ago.  I still haven't uploaded pictures, so maybe I can get to that later today or this weekend. 

Alright, enough babling.  Off to take care of kiddos.  And laundry.  Maybe a cadburry egg after that.

Oh, fun story to end.  Yesterday, I wanted pickle chips.  Really bad.  I think I probably got pretty annoying talking about it while watching the food network.   My dear husband drove me and SK to get said pickle chips, even though he can't even stand the smell of the things (esp. since he is freshly recovering from the stomach bug).  I must say, they were delish.   Incredibly delish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment