Sunday, September 8, 2013

School in full swing...

So the last 2 weeks has really been insane I feel like, but we are starting to get used to the craziness...kinda.

We got back from our trip to AL and FL Sunday 2 weeks ago and classes started the next day at the seminary.  Michael doesn't have too heavy of a load this semester, but there is still much on his plate.

This week was my first week of school with SK.  We have decided that I will homeschool her until we get to England, then put her in the school there.  Many reasons for doing this, but mostly because I didn't want to put her in 3 different schools in 3 years time.

SO homeschooling week one....

How did it go?  Well, good overall.  It would have been better had I not had a headache for the last 5 days...but it went well really.  Each day SK would ask for more after I had worked through everything planned for the day.  She isn't a huge fan of some things we are doing (like handwriting is her least favorite...) but overall she loves what we are doing.

I chose to use a book called Five in a Row and am loving it.  We are also going through Happy Phonics and just winging some math work.  So far I feel like each of these were good choices given SK's learning style.  Some days I feel like I am in over my head, but for the most part I am trying to relax and enjoy this time with her.

I am also auditing 2 classes at the seminary this semester as well.  One night a week I am taking a class called Unholy Matrimony by Jerram Barrs then one afternoon a week I am taking Marriage and Family Counseling with Diane Powell.  Both are really good so far and I am so glad we were able to work out me getting to sit in on them.

It is hard to believe this is our last fall here in St. Louis, but we are excited to enjoy this year and soak up this time here.

This weekend we checked out an art fair in Clayton (15 minutes from where we live).  It was a  blast.  They had about 8 or so blocks of streets set up with artists from all over the states displaying their work (and selling...).  Then there was a whole block with food :)  Good food too :)  It was a fun family outing that was much needed after the last 2 weeks of being so busy and getting our feet underneath us for the semester.  Then yesterday we got to hang with friends all day including getting in some swimming (it is crazy that it is mid-Sept. and we can still go swimming!).

Now I am up before everyone else this morning and gonna soak in these few moments before the rest of the house wakes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment