Monday, August 27, 2012

3 a.m.

I have been awake since 3 a.m.   Not only that, but this is the third night in a row of being wide awake at this hour.  It kinda puts me in a poopy mood.  I laid in the bed for over an hour trying to force myself back to sleep, but it wasn't happening.  It didn't help that my sweet little Evelyn was wide awake too wiggling all around.  I love feeling her move, but kinda like my sleep too :)
SO...guess I could blog since I am up!  I haven't blogged in a while.  We are gearing up for Michael's classes to start tomorrow.  He is hoping to get on top of his school work for the semester so that when baby girl decides to make her big debut, he won't get overwhelmed and behind.  Hopefully he can do that (meaning get a little ahead....).  I am now 35 weeks prego!  Crazy!!!  We are just about a month away from the due date.  I am definitely starting to feel ready at least in terms of ready to meet her, not necessarily in terms of having everything done before she gets here.  There are things still that need to be prepared (like maybe at some point I should think of packing a hospital bag...), but physically I am feeling ready.  Swelling has definitely started.  I actually looked at a picture we took the morning I went into labor with SK and I feel like I have already surpassed that size belly.  Maybe I could actually take a good belly pic soon and let you see.  Maybe....
I had a doc appointment on Friday and it went smooth.  I didn't do an ultrasound this time, but will have another (this one being the last!) next week.  After that I will go weekly!  At the last ultrasound over 2 weeks ago, Evelyn was measuring in at 4 pounds 6 ounces!  She is definitely looking like she will weigh more than SK did at birth.  We are so thankful that she has grown well this pregnancy and everything has gone smoothly.  God is so good!!
In other pregnancy news...maybe I should give some more details.
I have a major love for ice lately.  Maybe it has to do with me being hot all the time, but I love to chew me some good ice.  Thankfully, we live on campus, where we can walk up to the student center and get me some whenever it is open...which sometimes means 3 times a day I do this :)
Other cravings include root beer, italian ice (same theory as above...), taco salad, grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup, ice cream, root beer floats, and popcorn.
I think that about sums up what I like to munch on these days :)
We have just about finished putting together Evelyn's nursery too.  I will have to get in there and take some pictures soon.  Pinterest definitely inspired some fun ideas for her room.  I think it has turned out super cute!  That will have to be another blog post soon.  While I am wide awake, I don't think the rest of my family would appreciate me turning on lights and taking pictures at this hour.
I should probably do a SK update too, but maybe that will be another blog....add it to my list right???
I think I am done with this random middle of the night post.  I might be wide awake, but that doesn't mean I am clearly thinking and making sense as far as a good blog post.  Forgive me :)
Off to eat I guess.  I wonder if popcorn would wake everyone up??? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment