Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Menu Plan and a good coupon!

Well, since I know so many of you are sitting on pins and needles to see what the Davis family is eating this week, here you go :). So, really, who cares what we are eating, but maybe it will give you some ideas for meals around your house. I know I steal ideas from friends blogs all the time for dinners around our house. So without further ado (how do you spell that???)....

Monday: We ate out in Anniston--I was teaching a couponing class out there to a great group of ladies and so we met Michael after work and ate then he took Sarah Kate home and I headed to the class.

Tues: This Tilapia Recipe, cheesy mashed potatoes, field peas

Wed: (DADDY'S BIRTHDAY!) Daddy's Favorite Chicken Casserole, rolls
1 lb. Cooked Shredded Chicken
1 small container of sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup cooked rice
2 cups cheese (I think I have mild cheddar, but use whatever you have on hand)
Mix all of the above up and spread in casserole, top with crushed ritz crackers (With melted butter--1 stick) and sesame seeds.
Bake at 350* for about 25-30 minutes and that's it!

Thurs: This Chicken recipe for the crockpot served over rice, blackeyed peas

Fri: New Recipe for the week: The Pioneer Woman's Lasagna, Garlic toast

Sat: We are watching the game with Michael's parents (Nana and Pop) and Aunt Lala and Jeremiah---celebrating my wonderful husband's birthday! Menu plans include: Chicken Kabobs, mashed potatoes, green beans, and I am sure there will be some snacking during the football game as well! And of course some yummy desserts :)

Sun: Lunch--Leftovers, Dinner--prob. will be eating with Community Group (so not sure what that will be yet).

Just a side note, have you seen this coupon for cheese yet? It is for $5 off 5 Kraft cheese or dairy products. Great coupon! I used 1 last week to get 5 Breakstone's sour cream (made by Kraft) for free! The were on sale for $1 each, so with the coupon, they became free! The coupon recently reset, so I was able to print more, which I saw starting Wed. that at Publix, the Philidelphia cream cheese will be on sale 4 for $5--so with the coupon I will get 5 cream cheeses for .25 cents each!

Off to get SK ready for MDO! Hope yall have a lovely Tues!

No comments:

Post a Comment