Sunday, August 22, 2010

Salsa Recipe!

We have had a great weekend round here. Sarah Kate got some good Daddy time while mommy had to run to Briarwood on Sat. and a staff meeting on Sunday. Everything is gearing up for the year and Ballet is about to start back up! Can't wait to meet my little ballerinas for the year. I love my job :). We also got to go swimming with some friends from church Sunday afternoon and Sarah Kate had such a blast swimming. She is getting so good at swimming around the pool with her arm floaties and ring. She of course thinks that she is such a big girl, but I know she is still my baby :). I made my good ole salsa that I can not claim the recipe for. I got this recipe from a dear friend (thanks melody!!!) years ago soon after we became friends and I have used this recipe out. We take it to most parties and get requests all the time for the recipe. One of the best things about this recipe, It is quick and easy! Without further ado (not sure how that is spelled, o well).

Yummy Salsa (That's how I labelled it on my recipe card :))

2 can whole, peeled tomatoes (the bigger kind of can)--You can use fresh too if you happen to have some on hand.
1/2 bunch fresh cilantro
5-7 or more depending on how spicy you like it nacho jalapenos--found most of the time in the mexican food section-like what you put on nachos.
garlic powder
salt
cumin
I don't measure, just dump it all in the food processor or blender. That's it! blend and you are ready to serve!

Hope yall enjoy!

**Update--so I decided to actually pull out the recipe and give you measurements, since that might help if it is your first time to make it. I have just made it so much, I don't measure anymore.
--1 and 1/2 tsp. tsp. salt
--1 and 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
--1/4 tsp. cumin (heaping)

1 comment: