Sunday, June 16, 2013

More from the Birthday :)

First, let me give a shout out to Daddy!  You are pretty stinkin awesome and I love you, Michael Davis (aka Daddy!)  I love the way you love our children and are such a Godly example to them and are a picture of Christ to them.  You are amazing.

And while I am up before the rest of the household, I thought I would take the chance to update with the rest of the day we had yesterday in pictures!
 Chose the white kitty to "Build"!
 Matching girls ready to go take our first swim of the summer!
 And this is how Evie decided to spend her swim time :)
 Precious baby girl got all nice and relaxed in her float and fell asleep...(I did get her up after taking a picture and hold her for her nap :))
 Picnic at Shakespeare in the Park (a free Shakespeare play at Forest Park!)...little one clapping!
 Goldfish funny face!
Cheese!

Wish we could have actually stayed out longer, but we got to enjoy the pre-show stuff at least.  15 minutes into the play it started to look kinda nasty out with thunder and such so we walked very quickly back to our car and headed home.

All in all, it was an awesome day celebrating our firstborn.  SK is such an awesome little girl and we are so blessed to be able to call her our daughter.  It is so much fun to watch her grow up and become such a precious little girl.  I am excited to get to see how the Lord will use her as she grows up.  I am excited to see His plan for her life.

On a side note, back to the sleepover party....It was about 8:30 p.m. and the girls were watching the movie.  Michael and I were sitting at the kitchen table chatting and waiting for the movie to finish and then help the girls get situated for bedtime.  SK turns around to us and looks at me and says, "Hey mom, it's night night time...aren't you going to go to bed???"  With a look like go on now mom, we are big girls....
wow.
It was a hoot.  She thinks she is big stuff now.  She said she will still let me cuddle with her though :)

And last night I was laying with her in her bed and we were talking about Daddy and I said that this morning we needed to smother him with kisses and tell him that he was the greatest daddy in the whole wide world.  She replied..."But he isn't the greatest, momma!  God is the greatest!"

SO...Daddy--you are the second greatest :)  I think you are okay with that...


No comments:

Post a Comment