Friday, February 21, 2014

Hello Again...

Blogging has gone to the back burner lately, but I am hoping to get back to it more now :)  Lots going on with us and I have no idea where to start....

Things on my mind in random order for today...

*We have finally seen some warm days here.  I know there are more cold days in the forecast, but I will soak in whatever sunshine and warmth we get for now at least.  The snow has finally almost all melted, and we had a random thunderstorm yesterday, so there is plenty of mud out for the kids to enjoy.  And my child has def. been enjoying herself in the mud the last few days.  I am choosing to chill and let her have a blast and not worry about the loads of dirty clothes and extra baths/showers that are necessary after such fun play :)  To be such a girly girl, she loves to get dirty!  SK is doing great with school these days.  She is plugging right along with her phonics and reading so much these days!  She is just getting too big...It is fun to watch her grow up though :)

*Evie is a mess these days too.  She is goofy.  She gets to giggling so!  She loves her belly.  Like, she will scream at you if you put a onsie on her.  She screams till you unsnap it and let her get to her belly.  She will walk around all day with her hands on her tummy.  It is soothing to her when she goes to sleep too :)   She has been a bit difficult at meal time, but we recently found that she likes ketsup.  So we dip everything (or most things at least...) in ketsup.  Yesterday it was peas and chicken dipped.  Makes for a messy baby, but that's ok, her sister is covered in mud, so they make a good team.

Fun random stories....

Last week I got Evie up for the morning after she woke.  I went to change her diaper to find a surprise in her diaper.  Nope, not poop.  a silver spoon that is from her sister's kitchen toys.  I am guessing she was playing with it and the way she loves her belly she must have just stuck it down her diaper before I got her zipped up in her sleeper.  It left a silver/grey spoon shaped spot on her skin for a couple days before I finally was able to get it off.  I had to explain to the nursery workers at church that it wasn't a bruise...
Needless to say, the spoon never made it's way back to SK's kitchen.  That just felt wrong...

Yesterday on the playground I heard a great story about my eldest.  Supposedly, when we had a good snow a few weeks ago, SK was playing outside and was seen (and corrected) by another adult because she was licking the ice cycles off of cars...FIrst off, yes we do watch our kid, but she is busy and we can't be 100% eyes on her all the time.  I believe she was influenced, or maybe I just want to believe she would come up with this idea on her own.  Eww...gross kid.

What else...

Not sure where else to catch everyone up on.  I hope to get back to regular blogging and talking about more than just what my kids are up to and such.  I have a lot on my mind these days and would love to blog about it.  It helps me process and I want to go deeper than just funny stories on here.  I want to share what the Lord is up to with us.  The classes I am taking are amazing and I am soaking in that time so much and pray that the Lord will use what I am learning in some way as we go from here.

Speaking of...we are moving in 3 months.  Ack!  SO much to process there.  Like I want to sit down and write a reflection on our time here.  I want to look back and see how the Lord met our every need here and he has been at work so much in our lives as a family and individually in the last few years here.  It has been so good.  Hard...but good.

Hope to see you again soon :)

1 comment:

  1. This busy momma brought me an awesome meal last night after we had a baby. Just wanted to publicly thank you - Michelle - because not only do you have two little people to take care of and a whole household to pack - you also have time to serve others. (((Hugs!)))
    -Your upstairs neighbor

    ReplyDelete